• SHOP-INFO: Kurze Pause!

Im Zeitraum vom Mo. 25.03.2024 bis Di. 02.04.2024 erfolgt kein Versand. Shop-Bestellungen, welche in diesem Zeitraum getätigt werden, werden voraussichtlich erst wieder ab Mi. 03.04.2024 bearbeitet und verschickt.

Euer WLANThermo Team wünscht euch schöne Ostertage!

Trouble uploading ESP32 software to a nodemcu-32s Dev Board

danthony

Hello. I am trying to upload the ESP32 software to a nodemcu-32s development board to test out the software. Platform IO is telling me that the upload was successful but the software seems to not be installed. I tried with a basic wifi ap sketch and all works fine with that. I need some advice on where to look to trouble shoot. Thank you very much

s.ochs

BOFH
Teammitglied
Admin
We use ESP32-WROOM-32D / 32U with 16MB, this is maybe the reason why it compiles correctly but doesn't run. Nodemcu-32s is probably only 4MB. You also have to pay attention to the hardware configuration, with nanoV3 / miniV3 the ESP runs in standby mode without connected thermometer hardware.

danthony

Thank you very much for the reply. According to the manufacturers website it says the board has 16mb. I have compiled the firmware for the nanoV3, miniV2 and the miniV3. All compile fine. When I upload using platform.IO it reports upload happens and completes with no errors. I have also flashed with the board using esptool and the command line as outlined below n the nano instructions for software install on a self made board. In a series monitor I just get em error that shows the board continually rebooting. Attached is the specs of the exact board I haveScreenshot_20200822-071142_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200822-071142_Chrome.jpg

danthony

I just saw that. As soon as I posted above I found the vendor data sheet that stated 4MB. I guess time to return them. Thank you everyone for the replies.

Oben Unten