• SHOP-INFO: Kurze Pause!

Im Zeitraum vom Mo. 25.03.2024 bis Di. 02.04.2024 erfolgt kein Versand. Shop-Bestellungen, welche in diesem Zeitraum getätigt werden, werden voraussichtlich erst wieder ab Mi. 03.04.2024 bearbeitet und verschickt.

Euer WLANThermo Team wünscht euch schöne Ostertage!

Automatisierten Holzpelletgrills

alpxp

Hallo alle,
Ich habe eine Frage. Kann WLANthermo die Temperatur auf einem Grill mit automatischer Temperaturregelung regeln?

Ich habe einen Traeger Pelletgrill Pro Series 22 mit einem Temperaturregler (siehe Abbildung). Ich möchte in der Lage sein, die Temperatur zu überwachen und diesen Knopf online zu steuern. Welche Art von Servo mit welcher WLANthermo-Version soll ich dazu verwenden?
Die Montage kann ich selbst herausfinden. Ich habe einen 3D-Drucker und kann den Halter für das Servo entwerfen.

Danke.

(Sorry for the Google translate, my German is not very good. Here is the same in English)
Can WLANthermo control temperature on a grill with automatic temperature control?
I have a Traeger Pelletgrill Pro Series 22, which has a temperature control knob (see the picture). I want to be able to monitor temperature and control this knob online. What kind of servo with which WLANthermo version should I use to do that?
The mounting I can figure out myself. I have 3D printer and can design the holder for the servo.
Thank you.

20200906_102640.jpg

s.ochs

BOFH
Teammitglied
Admin
Interesting idea...

Can WLANthermo control temperature on a grill with automatic temperature control?
This is less a control, more a setpoint specification. There is no target / actual comparison in the Thermo in this way.
But you can use the Pitmaster mode "manual". You specify a servo position via the Pitmaster value and this corresponds to a set temperature on the Traeger. In this case ou need a conversion of the Pitmaster value into the temperature on the adjustment wheel ( in your head or on paper). For example: Pitmaster Value 10% = 100 °C; 25% = 130 °C and so on (depending on the servo movement and the set servo limits).

You can use Nano V3 or Mini V1 / V2 / V3 for this. They can all control a servo. You don't need anything special with the servo. There's not much load to turn.

Schönen Sonntag dir!
Steffen

alpxp

Thank you for the response.

I see you point that this is not an actual "control". As there is no direct feedback. Which is fine by me.
I'll go with the Nano V3 & a basic servo and report the result here.

Am I correct that I need to order "WLANThermo Nano V3" with the Addon https://wlanthermo.de/shop/wlanthermo-nano-v3-addon.47/ ?
Also, can you recommend a servo? Is this ok? Or are there better ones? I see some of them are advertised as 180º, however it is approximately 270º on my scale. Do I need a special one?

Another question, is "WLANThermo Nano V3" comes with the housing already printed? Or can I print it myself from STL?

Thank you,
Pavel

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

s.ochs

BOFH
Teammitglied
Admin
Am I correct that I need to order "WLANThermo Nano V3" with the Addon https://wlanthermo.de/shop/wlanthermo-nano-v3-addon.47/ ?
Correct.

Another question, is "WLANThermo Nano V3" comes with the housing already printed? Or can I print it myself from STL?
Possible. As you can see, we are currently still completing the documentation. the best thing to do is to contact me directly for an assembled board without a housing.

Is this ok? Or are there better ones? I see some of them are advertised as 180º, however it is approximately 270º on my scale. Do I need a special one?
The MG995 is often used for DIY. Try it out.
Do you really need the full range of rotation?

alpxp

I have received the beauty - Nano V3. I love it. Excellent device!

1) What is the way to control "Manual" servo position over the internet? I see no way of controlling the servo via the https://cloud.wlanthermo.de/. Could it be possible for the telegram bot to accept commands (in the fashion of https://github.com/fabianonline/OctoPrint-Telegram maybe)? I have not much experience in writing telegram bots, but willing to investigate if you guys think this is something reasonable.

2) This 270º servo works ok. But only 0-180º. According to the servo data:
Pulse Width Range 500~2500usec
Neutral Position 1500usec
Running Degree 270º (when 500~2500usec)
Dead Band Width 5usec
So, what is the Nano's Pulse Width Range? I'm guessing some narrower band for the standard MG995? Can I increase this range to cover a broader rotation range of my 270º servo?

3) My PT1000 probes work well on the modified sockets. I only noticed that they are both 1.2ºC off (upward on all temperatures). The increased resistivity may be due to my clumsy sequence of converters from 3.5mm stereo jack probe connector to 2.5mm mono connector of the Nano. I'll try to make a better converter later. But in the mean time, is there a way to calibrate the resistivity profile?

s.ochs

BOFH
Teammitglied
Admin
What is the way to control "Manual" servo position over the internet?
The cloud has read-only access. If you want to work with write-access from the outside, you have to do this via a VPN tunnel and set it manually on the router, as with any other network device.

So, what is the Nano's Pulse Width Range? I'm guessing some narrower band for the standard MG995? Can I increase this range to cover a broader rotation range of my 270º servo?
Currently: 550 - 2250 (equal to 0 - 100 %)
We are testing the release of the limit values via the recovery mode. so you will have to be patient for a few more days.
If you need it now, you would have to manually adjust the limits in the code and flash it yourself. File: pitmaster.h

But in the mean time, is there a way to calibrate the resistivity profile?
No.
What's your reference, are you sure this is correct?

alpxp

The cloud has read-only access. If you want to work with write-access from the outside, you have to do this via a VPN tunnel and set it manually on the router, as with any other network device.
Sure. I can do that. So there is currently no interest in extending the cloud/telegram functionality?

Currently: 550 - 2250 (equal to 0 - 100 %)
Ok. This seems to be close enough to the servo specs. I'm guessing they've sent me a 180º servo, instead of 270º. I'll need to figure this out.
Thanks for pointing out where the the limits in the code are.

What's your reference, are you sure this is correct?
I think it's PT1000 (the way it was preset), I'll need to double check. The offset is +1.2ºC for 20ºC and for 100ºC.

s.ochs

BOFH
Teammitglied
Admin
So there is currently no interest in extending the cloud/telegram functionality?
I'm not sure why you want to adjust the pitmaster from outside the home network. This user case isn't really common either. External write access must be appropriately secure and it should work for all hardware models. But with Telegram this becomes time-consuming and complicated. For the cloud, we are considering a system with a correct login etc., but if so, it will definitely take another year or more.

I think it's PT1000
also measured with the nano?

alpxp

This user case isn't really common either.
Well... I don't know about the charcoal grills but this is certainly a current selling point of the wood pellet Grills. In my particular case, my last two Texas-style Barbecued Briskets took around ~ 20 hours on the grill. So it would be nice that I don't have to be around all that time but still have some control over the process.
Anyway, I can accomplish this via the VPN tunnel, no problem. I was just thinking about the wlanthermo more in terms of the Traeger's WiFIRE®.
also measured with the nano?
Sorry, misunderstood your initial question. My references are three regular room thermometers (two electronic + analog), showing the same temperature, and a boiling water (Nano shows ~101ºC). I have two PT1000 probes both showing +1.2ºC on the Nano (at room temperature and in the boiling pot).

Oben Unten