Running pitmaster on internal accu

szafna

Hi,
it is somewhere written that pitmaster could not run on internal accu. However, it is also mentioned that this could be changed/reconfigured.
My brief calculation estimate that 5 hours or even more could be achivable with internal accu ( with fan power between 0.5 and 1W in average). This is in general enough for fast&furious 150c coocking in kamados.
Is there an option to enable this?
Simon

s.ochs

BOFH
Teammitglied
Admin
Hi Simon, that would be technically possible. You would have to manually change the pitmaster power supply on the board and remove the lock so that the pitmaster is only activated when an external source is recognized. But why not just use an external power bank instead? It works plug & play and doesn't take up so much more space.
Steffen

s.ochs

BOFH
Teammitglied
Admin
There are solderable jumpers J5 / J6 on the board. These can be used to redirect the pitmaster power supply to the battery. But at your own risk.

Frank_Huber

Hi Steffen,
I was curious and was checking the board layout in github. I could only spot the J6. can you point me where the J5 is?
Thanks & best regards,
Frank

s.ochs

BOFH
Teammitglied
Admin
Hallo Frank,

first photo under step 3 (in the middle of the board). J5 overwrites the software default to only activate the pitmaster circuit if an external supply voltage is available. It's not entirely clean either, theoretically you would have to adapt the firmware in such a case, otherwise the pitmaster icon could display incorrectly.

Steffen

Oben Unten