• SHOP-INFO: Kurze Pause!

Im Zeitraum vom Mo. 25.03.2024 bis Di. 02.04.2024 erfolgt kein Versand. Shop-Bestellungen, welche in diesem Zeitraum getätigt werden, werden voraussichtlich erst wieder ab Mi. 03.04.2024 bearbeitet und verschickt.

Euer WLANThermo Team wünscht euch schöne Ostertage!

ESP32 integrated Bluetooth

Frippe

Hi.
Is it possible that it will come a development where WLANThermo uses the built in bluetooth?
When I started looking into this project I thought that it answered all my wishes regarding electronics, programing and BBQ, so I jumped ahead an ordered a couple of ESP32.
If I just had read all design documents I would have seen that the Link V1 uses an external bluetooth module.

So what are my best options now?
Use the newly bought ESP's to something else and sit next to my BBQ or will there be a version that handles the built in bluetooth in the ESP?

Best regards
Fredrik

s.ochs

BOFH
Teammitglied
Admin
Hi Fredrik,

what exactly are you planning to do?

There's a reason why we don't use wifi and bluetooth together on the ESP32: both transmission technologies interfere with each other when used together. Wifi alone is great, bluetooth alone is ok, both together are worse than individually. That's why we use the separate bluetooth module and it will stay that way in combination with the ESP32 (first version).

Best regards
Steffen

Frippe

I looking for a device that can connect to my Meater+, so I don't need to have a mobile phone out next to the BBQ for the Meater cloud connection.

I'm trying to find a suitable eByte nRF52832 module here in Sweden, but I have not been able to find anyone yet. ( I would like to have one on my desk yesterday :) )

s.ochs

BOFH
Teammitglied
Admin
Please remember that the nRF must also be programmed. A special flasher is required for this (not as simple as with the ESP). Although the actual firmware is installed via the ESP, the nRF must first be provided with a suitable bootloader.

I looking for a device that can connect to my Meater+, so I don't need to have a mobile phone out next to the BBQ for the Meater cloud connection.
This probably won't work. At least not in combination with the Meater cloud / app. For this you would have to address the Meater cloud API directly and Meater will not allow that via a third-party device. Our firmware is not made for that either. So you would have to program everything yourself anyway. Then you better get an old mobile phone, install Meater app and use it exclusively for bluetooth-wifi-coupling. That's how Meater intended and approved it.

Or is it not about the Meater cloud / app and you just want to bring the data from the Meater to wifi? No more (wired) sensors to connect? Then why not use our ESP32 kit? Everything you need for bluetooth-wifi-coupling is on there and already programmed. All you have to do is connect to a USB source and you're good to go. However, you cannot use the Meater cloud / app like this. The data ends up in our WLANThermo web interface.

Just PM me if you want a esp32 kit.

Oben Unten